Terms & Conditions
Action Peru Treks is a 100% local Cusqueñan company and legally recognized by Peruvian law. Action Peru Treks is indigenously owned and operated.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
- To reserve any of our services, the customer must submit his/her personal information and a deposit
- The personal information required is:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- A picture of their passport. A camera phone picture or similar is fine
- Once the customer confirms their reservation, we will send an email with confirmation of their tour or trek, services included, and what is not included in the service price. Once we send this information to the customer, if we do not receive any response from the customer it will be assumed by the company that the customer has accepted all terms and conditions
- Briefings – you will receive notification of the date and time of your briefing a minimum of 1 week prior to the briefing time. Briefings are usually the night before the trek, in the evening. Once you receive your briefing time, if we do not hear back we will assume it is confirmed by you.
- It is difficult to change briefing time and date on short notice. Therefore, if we receive a request for a briefing change less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled briefing, we most likely will not be able to change the briefing time or date. We will, however, do everything we can to change to try and accommodate the schedule change.
- Deposits – Deposits can be paid through PayPal or Western Union. There is a 6% fee for deposits using PayPal. Deposits through Western Union have variable fees.
- Trek and multi day tour deposits
- All treks and multi day tours require a deposit of US $200 per person.
- Deposits for treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual.
- Rainbow Mountain Hike deposits (excluding the 4 day Rainbow Mountain hike, which requires a full trek deposit)
- Rainbow Mountain hikes require a deposit of US $100 per person.
- Deposits for Rainbow Mountain hikes are non-refundable
- Day Tours
- All day tours require a deposit of US $75 (for the group)
- Deposits for tours are non-refundable
- For large groups, we accept wire transfer for deposits and final balances due. If you would like more information about the wire transfer option, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final payments:
- We accept cash and PayPal for final payments
- Cash payments are due the night before trek departure. We accept US dollars for cash payments. We do not accept any other types of currency (including Peruvian soles)
- The Peruvian banks are extremely strict about the “quality” of dollars they will accept. Therefore, we have to request that your bills are what they call “unbroken”
- Broken means any tear (even as small as 3 mm) or excessive wrinkling
- Broken bills will not be accepted
- PayPal payments are due one week before trek departure
- There is an 8% fee on balance due payments using PayPal.
- If the balance via PayPal is not paid by 3 days prior to trek departure, the PayPal fee will be 10
- A client may not depart for the trek until payment in full is received, either in cash or by PayPal.
- Our PayPal email is: email@example.com
- All banking fees will be covered by the client
- With the exception of the Inca Trail treks, we are generally able to change a trek date.
- To change the date of your non-Inca Trail trek, there is a fee of US $80 per person if the change occurs more than 30 days prior to trek departure.
- If the change occurs 21 to 30 days prior to trek departure, the fee is US $100 per person.
- If the change occurs 10 to 20 days before trek departure, the fee is US $150 per person.
- Changes less than 10 days prior to trek departure will have varying fees, which can be discussed at the time the change is being made.
- Changes made must be to another group or for a minimum of 2 individuals. If one traveler needs to change dates, and there is not an existing option for that date, change will not be possible.
- Cancellations made 30 days in advance have no charge (with the exception of the non-refundable deposit), with the following exception:
- In the case of cancellation, the customer will not receive a refund of their deposit
- If the customer cancels between 30 and 10 days before their trek, they must pay 50% of the total trip cost.
- If the customer cancels between 10 and 3 days before their trek, they must pay 80% of the total cost.
- If the customer cancels one day before their trek, they must pay 100% of the total cost.
- In the exceptional case that a trekker decides to head back once they have started the trek, they must pay additional expenses such as food, lodging and transportation. On the last day the tourist will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- If after the tour has started a client cannot participate in the trek or tour (sickness, physical problems, etc.) they must pay the additional costs for transportation, lodging and food. On the last day the tourist will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- In the case of natural disaster that prevents a service being completed, the customer will receive a 50% refund.
- In the case of a natural disaster that requires a change in trek route, but the trek is still completed, there will be no refund.
- This includes alterations in the Salkantay Trek that prevent participation in the zipline. The alternative route will be to visit the Llactapata archeological site.
- In the very unlikely circumstance that your service is not completed as a fault of Action Peru treks, you will receive a full refund (including your deposit)
- We highly recommend travel insurance for all of our clients.
- Coverage should include baggage loss, accident, emergency air rescue and trip cancellation. Trip cancellation insurance will reimburse you for non-recoverable air or land expense should you cancel your trip due to personal or family illness, as well as cover any medical or emergency evacuation expenses if you become ill during your Peru trip.
- In the case of illness or injury on one of our treks or tours, we are trained to provide emergency first aid and arrange transportation to a proper medical facility. However, we are not responsible for the cost of those transportation services or the price of medical care.
About your Passport in Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu and on the Inca Trail
- Once you book your tour, we send your information immediately to “Machu Picchu Park” in order to get the permits as soon as possible.
- You will need to bring your actual passport for all services. A photo copy will not be accepted.
- The information we will send to Machu Picchu Park includes your full name, passport number, nationality, gender and age. That information can not be modifed.
- The only exception is in the case of a changed passport number due to renewal.
- If your passport number changes between reserving your spot and the start of your trek, you will need to bring your old as well as your new passport to the start of the Trek.
- If any of the information on your passport does not match the information we were previously provided, you probably won’t be able to start the trek.
- In case you arrive in Cusco and you did not advise us that you have a new passport number, and your information has changed, Action Peru Treks will not be held responsible.
- It will be the responsibility of the tourist to pay the extra expense of returning to Cusco or Machu Picchu (transportation, food and other expenses).